During the initial phase, conducted in four early-user countries:
- 260 children are expected to benefit.
- 320 parents will receive the intervention to increase their knowledge and practice of responsive parenting in the home.
- 40 community workers will be trained to conduct the intervention program.
- 8 supervisors will be trained to conduct the training workshops.
- 1000 stakeholders and users will be reached through regional meetings and listserv.
Three areas are critical foundations for healthy child development: stable, responsive, and nurturing care-giving with opportunities to learn; safe and supportive physical environments; and appropriate nutrition.
-- Margaret Chan, May 2013